Finally ! After hours of reading, many youtube tutorials and tests.. I am happy to share with you the v.1 of my Black Rock City – 88NV – Burning Man scenery !
Included in the v.1:
– airport specs updated to match the infos I got from an insider and models added to match the sat view ingame. Original Starport asset from Slo Ian
– no more incoherent generated buildings in the area. New assets (domes, shade structures, vehicules…) You will also find the trash fence all around the area !
– artistic projects from BM previous years (read the readme.pdf)
– work on lighting so the “city” looks great from the sky
– PBR textures for all models
– new original “aircraft” to visit The Playa… yes… a bike ! And guess what, E.T is your copilot so you will manage to get high in the sky ! Watch out for skydivers and let see if you find them !
How to install? Find your « Community » directory and just copy the two folders included in the .zip file there. I recommand using the great addon msfs-addons-linker by bad2000
How to ride the bike ? The dynamics are from the Bede DB-5B small airplane, found the specs online. Start the engine, get the RPM to 3k and enjoy. Speed for take off is approx. 65. Start from the Parking 10 area (airport details) to be on the playa directly.
Expected updates :
– airport update (approaches coordinates, control tower and details)
– populate the “city” with coherent vehicules, tents, domes, objects to cover the sat view accordingly (huge work)
– more lighting (moving lights maybe, new colors…)
– new artistic projects on The Playa
– updates to the bike and variants. Rudder bug to be fixed
– Daft Punk by the trash fence ? I won’t tell you about it but they may appear at some point
– Since I never got the chance to go to Burning Man, all the work was made using ref pictures and my imagination. So please feel free to give feedback so it can get more authentic.
– I know that the runways do not have lighting at all but I added some because you will probably fly there by night to enjoy the show…
– Calling to artists… I would be pleased to include your artworks in the scenery. Contact me if you wish !
– I learnt how to use Blender, texturing, MSFS SDK from scratch. Do not expect a pro level made package. I am doing my best however and I am willing to improve my skills.
GPS Coordinates: 40.786421, -119.207003