Cedar Point amusement park, Sandusky, Ohio v1.0
Cedar Point is a 364-acre amusement park located on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio. Opened in 1870, it is considered the second-oldest operating amusement park in the United States. Known as “America’s Roller Coast,” the park features a world-record 71 rides, including 17 roller coasters – the second-most in the world.
Features (version 1.0)
– Full recreation of Cedar Point amusement park and immediate surroundings (inc. marina, Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point Shores waterpark). This package contains a mix of hand-crafted and photogrammetry models; the coasters (except for Gemini, Blue Streak, Steel Vengeance, and Cedar Creek) feature significant hand-modeling and recoloring, and the vast majority of buildings are cleaned up, manually reduced, and lightly color corrected versions of existing Google photogrammetry models.
– LOD models used for most area building placements and some of the heavier coaster models. Performance was a major priority, but please keep in mind this is a rather large area to cover in detail.
– Some terraforming to restore the breakwater around the marina as well as the long jetty on the far NW end of the peninsula.
– Retouched tree placement throughout
– Hand-placed boats in the marina (optionally included as a separate package in this download), using MSFS-native static models.
– Accurate aircraft warning beacons and strobes on Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, Windseeker, and Power Tower. Customized night lighting for many coasters and rides.
– Park-wide night lighting enhancements
Installation – Download the ZIP file and extract the “whitearcades-cedarpoint” and (optionally) “whitearcades-cedarpointboats” folders to your Community Folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
DISCLAIMER: This scenery is provided as freeware for users of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The author does not accept payment or compensation of any kind.
GPS Coordinates: 41.47894358708261, -82.67973338496338