MSFS 2020 scenery mods
Scenery is super important in every game but in Microsoft Flight Simulator, it is probably the thing that makes and breaks every playing experience. Scenery helps create and add layers of immersion to your gameplay which means that scenery can be fun, realistic, exciting or even spooky. Here, on Gamersmods, players of MSFS 2020 can find unique modifications for the scenery of the game.
Scenery mods are passive mods which means that they aren’t playable but rather sit in the background or are scattered around the map and create or improve the atmosphere by adding immersion. So, for example you have the famous Stonehenge mod which turns the world-famous structure into a 3D rendering because it is unfortunately flat in the base game. However, not all scenery mods strive for realism. You can have Godzilla stomping around NYC or see destroyers from Star Wars floating around above Sydney or New York.
So, as mentioned, some scenery updates are meant to fix bugs, glitches or issues that the developer has left while others add funny or fictitious details and scatter them all around the world. When you download the mod, place the files in the ‘Community’ folder and launch the game. All scenery mods are absolutely free on Gamersmods.
Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun v1.0
Dover Castle – Alpha v1.0
Dover Castle – Alpha
Copy the folders from the downloaded zip files into your community package folder. (ex. “E:\Games\Msfs2020\Community\”)
If you want to share this free scenery on other websites, please ask me for my approval first. Thank you.
This is an alpha version made with photogrammetry, It’s not a google import. I will resume work on this version depending on the content of the Asobo update on the UK in january.
Iran – Persepolis (Takht e Jamshid) v1.0
Persepolis (/pərˈsɛpəlɪs/) was the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire (ca. 550–330 BC). It is situated 60 kilometres (37 mi) northeast of the city of Shiraz in Fars Province, Iran. The earliest remains of Persepolis date back to 515 BC. It exemplifies the Achaemenid style of architecture. UNESCO declared the ruins of Persepolis a World Heritage Site in 1979.
Follow these steps to install the scenery:
– Unzip the downloaded file
– Place into your community folder
– Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
GPS Coordinates: 29.935252, 52.891335
Albany Twin Bridges – Thaddeus Kosciusko Bridge v1.0
The Thaddeus Kosciusko Bridge, known locally as the Twin Bridges, was a pathetic flat piece of concrete in the base sim. I was able to extract the model of the bridge from Google Maps and import it into the simulator.
– There’s a texture that ‘shimmers’ on the bridge surface
– The color of the roads doesn’t match up
– Cars may appear to drive on the air
Porto Vecchio e Stazione ferroviaria di Trieste, Italy. v1.0
Area of the old port and railway station of the city of Trieste. Also added the navigation lights on the breakwater in front of the old port (totally missing in msfs) and the buoy (taken from a nautical map of the port)
to complete I suggest to instal
Trieste City center
and Faro della vittoria
Thanks to MrMo for his EDHK Lights Pack.
Lake Louise, Canada – Fairmont Château v0.1.0
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a hotel on the eastern shore of Lake Louise, near Banff, Alberta, Canada.
This is an initial release of the scenery, I want to do more but haven’t had the time recently so I’m going to release what I have and continue to improve it in the coming months.
GPS Coordinates: 51.4177102, -116.2168765
Seville – Spain v1.0
The gorgeous city of Seville . it was a very big project . there are a few tweaks i will do for version 2 when i can. The olympic stadium, Real Betis stadium and seville fc stadium incl all the other beautiful landmarks .
Cedar Point amusement park, Sandusky, Ohio v1.0
Cedar Point is a 364-acre amusement park located on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio. Opened in 1870, it is considered the second-oldest operating amusement park in the United States. Known as “America’s Roller Coast,” the park features a world-record 71 rides, including 17 roller coasters – the second-most in the world.
Features (version 1.0)
– Full recreation of Cedar Point amusement park and immediate surroundings (inc. marina, Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point Shores waterpark). This package contains a mix of hand-crafted and photogrammetry models; the coasters (except for Gemini, Blue Streak, Steel Vengeance, and Cedar Creek) feature significant hand-modeling and recoloring, and the vast majority of buildings are cleaned up, manually reduced, and lightly color corrected versions of existing Google photogrammetry models.
– LOD models used for most area building placements and some of the heavier coaster models. Performance was a major priority, but please keep in mind this is a rather large area to cover in detail.
– Some terraforming to restore the breakwater around the marina as well as the long jetty on the far NW end of the peninsula.
– Retouched tree placement throughout
– Hand-placed boats in the marina (optionally included as a separate package in this download), using MSFS-native static models.
– Accurate aircraft warning beacons and strobes on Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, Windseeker, and Power Tower. Customized night lighting for many coasters and rides.
– Park-wide night lighting enhancements
Installation – Download the ZIP file and extract the “whitearcades-cedarpoint” and (optionally) “whitearcades-cedarpointboats” folders to your Community Folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
DISCLAIMER: This scenery is provided as freeware for users of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The author does not accept payment or compensation of any kind.
GPS Coordinates: 41.47894358708261, -82.67973338496338